PřF:Bi4001 Vertebratological seminar I - Course Information
Bi4001 Advances in vertebrate research (seminar) IFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Tomáš Bartonička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. et Mgr. Josef Bryja, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Tomáš Bartonička, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Tomáš Bartonička, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 16:00–17:50 Pouze distančně
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi2090 Verteb. phylog. & divers. || SOUHLAS
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Presentation of student research results, progress in bachelor and master diploma thesis. Advances in vertebratological research, lectures presented by home and foreign specialists.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to work with literature, classify information and select information relevant to the subject. Students has the possibility of repeatedly lecturing on their projects, thereby gaining both the necessary feedback on their performances and the speaking skills needed, e.g. for future conference performances on the world forums. Students have the opportunity to discuss with experts from the field in english.
- Presentation of research results and progress in ichthyology, herpetology, ornithology, mammalogy, ecology and other disciplines.
- Modern trends in vertebrate biology.
- GAISLER, Jiří and Jan ZIMA. Zoologie obratlovců (Vertebrate Zoology). 2. přepracované. Praha: Academia, 2007. p. 1-692, 692 pp. ISBN 978-80-200-1484-9. info
- Teaching methods
- Presentations by professionals in the field, both Czech and foreign, discussion about presented data.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar with host lectures. Credit.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
General note: Předmět určen pro doktorandy, diplomanty a další zájemce se zaměřením na vertebratologické obory.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/Bi4001