PřF:Bi6115 Seminar of Protein Eng I - Course Information
Bi6115 Seminar of Protein Engineering and Biotechnology IFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Bi1510 Mgr. state exam
Seminar lecture is designated for students of Protein Engineering and Biotechnology.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students will have experience in preparing professional presentation of their own results or the selected topic by using materials gained from literature search. Students gain experience with the defence of their work presented in front of public audience, with discussion and will also get additional experience during evaluating presentations of their colleagues. Students will receive examples from practice via the invited lectures presented by external researchers and via attending seminars organized by other scientific institutions.
- Student presentations of own results or the selected topic from the literature is the main content of the seminar. Students have a chance to train defence talks of their partial or final results of bachelor or diploma theses. Both domestic and foreign experts from academia and industry are invited to give a presentation on the seminar as well.
- Teaching methods
- In the course, each student prepares and gives a presentation in English or Czech from results of his/her own student project or presentation on the selected topic by using materials from literature search. Every student prepares a brief abstract about his/her presentation. Each presentation is followed by discussion and evaluation. The presentation is evaluated by another student from the course.
- Assessment methods
- Students will obtain positive final assessment after passing four following activities: (1) the active participation in seminar, (2) the preparation of abstracts, (3) the preparation and presentation of own presentation and (4) an evaluation of other students' presentation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Předmět není v akademickém roce 2015/2016 vypisován.