PřF:Bi6473 Parasit. sem. - Course Information
Bi6473 Parasitological seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Dr. Peter Daniel Stuart (seminar tutor)
Erhan Yalcindag, Dr. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 15:00–16:50 Kontaktujte učitele
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Zoology (programme PřF, N-EB)
- Course objectives
- Main objectives can be summarized as follows: students will be introduced into main problems of parasitology on national and international level actual problems of parasitology will be presented by internal and external scientists working in different fields of parasitology students will be able to orientate in current trends in parasitology and consecutively choose their own field of interest during following study this course play simultaneously informative role for other scientific workers, which may via this course exchange valuable information and experiences part of the present course is also the series of presentations performed by the INNOLEC visiting professors
- Main aims of the course are: presentations of students and employees of the parasitology department
- presentations of the parasitologists from Czech republic
- series of presentations by foreign experts in parasitology and related specializations within the INNOLEC program courses
- Základy parazitologie. Edited by Bohumil Ryšavý. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1989. 215 s. ISBN 8004208649. info
- Teaching methods
- Parasitological seminar consist of the series of presentations presented by students and scientific workers of parasitology working group of Department of Botany and Zoology. On the other hand, the seminar introduce many Czech and foreign specialists in parasitology and disciplines related to parasitology using similar kind of scientific methods. Bachelor, Master and PhD students present first the aims and later the results of their thesis with respect to the later thesis defense and presentations on Czech or international conferences and meetings.
- Assessment methods
- oral discussion
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Povinné pro studenty a doktorandy z parazitologie
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses