PřF:Bi7123 Clinical anthropology - Course Information
Bi7123 Clinical anthropologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Michaela Dörnhöferová, Ph.D. (lecturer), doc. RNDr. Eva Drozdová, Ph.D. (deputy)
- doc. RNDr. Eva Drozdová, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Eva Drozdová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Fri 9:00–13:50 A36-347
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Special Biology (programme PřF, N-EXB, specialization Antropobiology and Antropogenetics)
- Course objectives
- Aim of the course is to introduce students to the problematic of clinical anthropology - the application of anthopological methods in clinical praxis. The main attention will be concerned on pathological changes in growth and development in children. Further will be mentioned importance of application of anthropological standars in clinical praxis and anthropological screening and biotypology.
- Learning outcomes
- The students will be intoduced to problematic of co-operation of clinical medicine and anthropology in diagnostics of several diseases. Students will be trained in evalution of characteristic used in diagnostics of pacients.
- 1.Aim of the clinical anthropology.
- 2.Antropology of diseased and hendiceped individuals.
- 3.Chromosomal aberation, metabolic disorders, endocrinopathy.
- 5.Other organ disorders and deseases.
- 6. Body composition and diseases.
- 7. Application of anthropological methods in medical praxis.
- 8.Antropometry as a part of medical skreening.
- 9. Anthroscopy as a part of medical skreening.
- 10.Antropological skreening.
- 11. Methods of mathematic statistics in clinical anthropology.
- 12.Anthropological standards and its application in clinical anthropology.
- 13.Contribution of clinical anthropology to theory of anthropology.
- recommended literature
- Nováková, M., Hloušková, Z., 1984: Klinická antropologie. Avicenum Praha .
- Drobná, M.: Klinická antropológia. In: Pospíšil, M. M. a kol.: Biológia človeka 2. s. 231-244.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2018/Bi7123