PřF:Bi7201 Genomics - Course Information
Bi7201 Genomics - a basic courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Břetislav Brzobohatý, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Eliška Nejedlá, CSc. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Alena Kuderová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Hana Konečná (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jan Hejátko, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Pernisová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Nagavalli Subbanna Kiran, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Břetislav Brzobohatý, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Břetislav Brzobohatý, CSc.
- Completion of basic courses of biochemistry and/or molecular biology is a prerequisite for subscription to the course.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 36 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/36, only registered: 0/36, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/36
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 10 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Students will acquire a working knowledge of genomic databases and their applications in experimental analysis of biological functions of genes and genomes. Biological function of a concrete member of a complex gene family will be analysed by identification of an insertion mutation in the gene and analysis of phenotype alterations in the mutant.
- Introduction to genomics. Methods of functional genomics. Genome databases. Insertion mutant collections - a powerful tool for plant functional genomics. DNA fragment analysis - automated genetic analyzer ABI PRISM 310. Oligonucleotide design, synthesis and purification - EXPEDITE 8909 Nucleic Acid Synthesizer. Genomic DNA isolation from Arabidopsis thaliana. PCR, DNA electrophoresis in agarose gels. Southern blot and DNA molecular hybridization. Identification and characterization of an insertion mutation in a selected member of a complex gene family in Arabidopsis thaliana via a PCR based screen.
- Hunt, S.P., Livesey, F.J. (Editors). Functional Genomics : A Practical Approach. Practical Approach Series
- Starkey, M.P., and Elaswarapu R. (Editors). Genomics Protocols. Methods in Molecular Biology, Vol 175
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- blokové praktikum, ukončeno (klasifikovaným) zápočtem
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 1 týden.