PřF:Bi7630 Comp. physiol. of invertebr. - Course Information
Bi7630 Comparative physiology of invertebratesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Martin Vácha, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jiří Pacherník, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Martin Vácha, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Martin Vácha, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Mon 14:00–15:50 A11/333
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- bi3030 Animal physiology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to: - discuss both general principles and special adaptations selected model groups of invertebrates and consider links between physiology and ecology (ecophysiology) and ethology (behavioral physiology) - acquaint colleagues with a short relevant paper. - analyse scientific text, formulate and present key information. - describe physiological processes of invertebrates especially the model group of insects
- Body growth, metamorphosis. Hormonal regulation. Nutrition, digestion, resorption. Metabolism and environment. Respiration and gas transport. Body fluid composition and circulation. Immunity reactions. Excretion. Muscle system. Functional anatomy of nervous system. Sensory organs. Reflexes, behavior
- Comparative animal physiology. Edited by Philip C. Withers. [1st ed.]. Fort Worth: Saunders College Publishing, 1992. xxii, 949. ISBN 0-03-012847-1. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical study by means of lectures, seminar discussions and presentations, scientific papers provided by lecturer.
- Assessment methods
- Student is supposed to acquaint colleagues with a short relevant paper. Students prove their knowledge in dialogue with the teacher, classification depends on correctness and perfection of the answers. Well prepared paper analysis, active discussion on the paper and at least 50% knowledge of topics is mandatory.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Vypisován pouze v sudých letech.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2018/Bi7630