PřF:Bi7894 Seminar Teams Loschmidt Labs - Course Information
Bi7894 Seminar of Research Teams of Loschmidt LaboratoriesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Radka Chaloupková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. David Bednář, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zbyněk Prokop, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Fri 11:00–12:50 A13-332
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- schopnost komunikovat v angličtině
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, the students should be able to independently: (i) design experiments, (ii) carry out laboratory work, (iii) interpret the results and (iv) present them to the scientific community by a lecture or a paper.
- * Screening of New Proteins by Bioinformatic Analysis * Rational Design of Proteins by Computer Modelling * Construction of Modified Proteins by Site-Directed Mutagenesis and Directed Evolution * Characterization of Modified Proteins by Biochemical and Biophysical Techniques
- Protein Structure and Function, Gregory A. Petsko, Dagmar Ringe, New Science Press
- Teaching methods
- The lecture is taught by interpretation of powerpoint templates prepared according to textbooks, monographs and articles. Templates are shown during the lecture, the contents are explained and accompanied by teacher commentary.
- Assessment methods
- graduate credit
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.