PřF:Bi8003 Diploma Thesis Ecotox II - Course Information
Bi8003 Diploma Thesis Ecotoxicology IIFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/7/0. 7 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Vedoucí práce (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. Luděk Bláha, Ph.D.
Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment (RECETOX) - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Jakub Hofman, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment (RECETOX) - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi7002 Seminar Ecotox I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course Master thesis II is designed as a course encouraging students to write the thesis meeting all the requirements. Completion of this course
(and the subsequent courses) will ensure that the student submits the thesis agreed by the supervisor. At the end of the course (and the subsequent courses), the student should be prepared for a successful defense of the thesis, which is a part of the final state examination.
Working on diploma thesis, students will learn to:
- use scientific literature
- arrange, compile, analyze, summarize, evaluate and reproduce scientific information
- create scientific text
- analyze specific problem, create and critically evaluate solutions
- create experimental design and conduct specified experiments independently
- integrate theoretical knowledge to experimental work
- perform methods specific for the field of study
- analyze the results using statistical and graphical methods
- formulate own results and ideas, criticize and discuss them with literature
- present the results and conclusions of experimental or theoretical scientific work
- contribute to research in particular field
- Students select topics actually announced for the area.
- Students have consultation with supervisor and arrange together next plan and consultations.
- Students learn individually or in groups to work with internet literature databases and rules of the work with scientific literature, scientific writing and citation rules.
- In cooperation with the supervisor, students plan experiments and work on them independently.
- Students work independently on diploma thesis under supervision.
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Teaching methods
- Consultation with supervisor, study of scientific literature and work with it (work with internet literature databases), working on thesis. Experimental work in the laboratory or research in the field. Individual work of students under supervision.
- Assessment methods
- Credits are awarded for achievements in preparing the thesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/Bi8003