PřF:C1470 Introduction to mathematics fo - Course Information
C1470 Introduction to mathematics for chemoinformatics and bioinformaticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Zdeněk Kříž, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. David Sehnal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Radka Svobodová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Thu 12:00–12:50 A11/132
- It expected that the student will enter the course with the basic knowledge of mathematics at gymnasium level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Chemoinformatics and Bioinformatics (programme PřF, B-BCH)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should have basic notions in linear algebra, differential a integral calculus of functions of one and two variables and differential equations at the lowest possible level. The course is focused on obtaining basic orientation in the field. It is accompanied by practically oriented excersisses, so the student will be able to solve basic tasks in the field.
- 1) Algebra of matrices. 2) Systems of linear equations and their solution. 3) Elementary functions and their basic properties. 4) Limits, derivatives 5) Inverse functions. Exponential and logarithmic functions. 6) Higher order derivatives. 7) Integral calculus. Basic techniques of integration. 8) Functions of several variables. 9) Partial derivatives. 10) Maxima and minima of functions of several variables. 11) Integration of functions of several variables. 12) Differential equations. 13) Simple examples on first-order equations. Boundary condition.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- There is a written exam to complete the course. In some cases, where the results of the written exam are not clear enough, also oral examination may follow.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Course is no more offered.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses