PřF:C2858c Deterioration and surface trea - Course Information
C2858c Deterioration and surface treatment of materialsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/2. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Příhoda, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Jaromír Tulka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Vyskočilová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Příhoda, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Chemistry of Conservation - Restoration (programme PřF, N-CH)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint the students with the basics of materials degradation testing due to the environmental impact assessment of selected materials against the effects of the main types of environments (water, atmosphere, chemical substances/mixtures) and to provide students with a comprehensive overview of test methods, test facilities and modeling processes for degradation processes evaluation of protection systems.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to after graduation of issue:
- To independently analyse current trends in the testing of materials degradation processes - due to the environment;
- Identify impacts of the key factors in material degradation systems, with emphasis on consideration of relevancy in model testing of degradation processes;
- Compare and optimize methods and devices for modelling and simulation of systems testing - the protection of metal, polymer and other materials against the effects of basic degradation - environments;
- Design and explain the suitability of methods of evaluating the results of simulation and accellerated tests, the results of the correlation of the degree of acceleration against realistic - conditions using inductive statistics;
- Apply known test methods to protective systems and optimize their choice for particular material systems - degradation environment;
- Control and implement testing of the essential characteristics of the quality of the protection systems, taking into account the valid OECD, ISO, EN and CN standards, and to perform a relevant evaluation of the results.
- The course is divided into the following topics:
- - Metallographic determination of corrosion penetration;
- - Determination of weight loss of metallic corrosion in acidic environment;
- - Classification of corrosive atmospheric aggression from meteorological data;
- - Making test paints for paints and varnishes;
- - Deriving corrosion speed from polarization curves using Tafel lines;
- - Proof of corrosion by the drop test;
- - Estimation of Hansen Solubility Parameters of Polymeric Materials;
- - Stabilization of atmospheric rust;
- - Determination of quality parameters of coating systems;
- - Preparation of a corrosion inhibitor for oil preservative;
- - Preparation of wax preservatives for steel, copper and zinc.
- zadává se v průběhu výuky
- Teaching methods
- The main form of teaching is laboratory exercises, which correspond appropriately to the learning outcomes.
Classical and activation methods are used in the classroom:
- from classical methods, especially demonstrative method, where the student is presented with a methodical approach to the solved task of laboratory experimentation, while interpreting the principle of method;
- among the activation methods used, mainly the solved simulation of technical problems
- the processing of outputs in the form of laboratory protocols assumes knowledge of the basics of computer technology (text and graphical outputs) and the processing of the results of the use of new mobile applications from meteorology, statistics, etc.
- Assessment methods
- The course is finished by submitting test reports from individual topics and collective colloquium.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2020/C2858c