PřF:C3806 Chemistry of polymers - practi - Course Information
C3806 Chemistry of polymers - practical courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/4. 4 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Pavla Hanáčková (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Ladislav Pospíšil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Richard Ševčík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Gabriela Vyskočilová (seminar tutor)
Světlana Filípková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jiří Příhoda, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Fri 8:00–11:50 A10-316
- C1100 Introductory Chemistry Lab || C1100k Laboratorní technika || C1600 Laboratory in Chemistry
Knowledge of basics of organic chemistry and chemistry of polymers. Knowledge of basic laboratory techniques.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students are supposed to be familiar with practical aspects of the chemistry of polymers:
1) Polymer syntheses in homogenous phase
2) Polymer syntheses in heterogenous phase
3) Methods of chemical modification of the polymers
4) Methods of polymer decomposition
5) Methods of polymer recyclation
- 1) Poly(vinyl alcohol) synthesis from poly(vinyl acetate) using alkaline alcoholysis
- 2) Polyamide 6 synthesis from ε–caprolactam
- 3) Polycondensation on a phase boundary
- 4) Styrene purification
- 5) Suspension polymeration of styrene
- 6) Expandable polystyrene
- 7) Emulsion polymeration of styrene
- 8) Polystyrene pyrolysis
- 9) Copolymeration of styrene and maleic anhydride
- 10) Cellulose triacetate synthesis
- 11) Copper silk
- 12) PETP solvolysis using amyl alcohol and alkaline catalysis
- 13) Unsaturated polyester resins hardening, plastic concrete
- Teaching methods
- laboratory practice
- Assessment methods
- Compulsory attendance of all practices (exercises).
Draw up reports from all exercises.
Final written exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials