PřF:C6120 EAC - Inorg. pol. - lab. - Course Information
C6120 Environmental Analytical Chemistry - Inorganic pollutants - laboratory courseFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/3. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- prof. RNDr. Josef Komárek, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jan Kuta, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Tomáš Vaculovič, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Holá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Klánová, Ph.D.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Josef Komárek, DrSc.
Supplier department: RECETOX - Faculty of Science
- Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Tue 14:00–16:50 A10-207
- Knowledge of Analytical chemistry on the level of fundamental courses.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course, students should be able to: - understand the inorganic analysis of samples of environment - connect theoretical knowledge and acquired practical experiences by analysis of water, soils and biological materials - experiment and develop procedures - combine various practical methods - evaluate practical capacities for decomposition of samples for the determination of inorganic pollutants in the environment
- 1. Water analysis
- - Determination of chemical oxygen demand
- - Determination of pH and buffering capacity
- - Determination of chlorides and sulphates
- - Determination of nitrites and fluorides
- - Determination of arsenic
- - Determination of mercury
- 2. Analysis of soils
- - Melting of samples, determination of SiO2
- - Determination of risk elements in soil
- - Soil leaching, determination of phosphorus
- 3. Analysis of biological materials
- - High temperature dry ashing - cereal analysis
- - Wet digestion - determination of metals in hair.
- - High pressure digestion - milk analysis
- ZBÍRAL, Jiří. Analýza půd : jednotné pracovní postupy. Vyd. 3., rozš. a přeprac. Brno: Ústřední kontrolní a zkušební ústav zemědělský, 2011. 230 s. ISBN 9788074010408. info
- HORÁKOVÁ, Marta, Peter LISCHKE and Alexander GRÜNWALD. Chemické a fyzikální metody analýzy vod. 2. vyd. Praha: SNTL - Nakladatelství technické literatury, 1989. 389 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Education is performed as laboratory practical. Learning new skills by practical analysis of water, soils and biological materials is emphasized.
- Assessment methods
- Final assessment (at the end of semester) is by graded credit. It is on the base of performance of exercises, results, protocol processing and written test of theoretical knowledge.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.