PřF:C6250 Methods of Chem. Res. - lab. - Course Information
C6250 Methods of Chemical Research - laboratoryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 5 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Marta Farková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Aleš Hrdlička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdeněk Moravec, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Karel Novotný, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Petr Táborský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Táborský, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- C5190 Instr. Anal. Chem. II-lab. || C7640 Analytical Chem.-lab.course
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students will know instrumental methods and will be able to process results of the measurements.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course student will know advanced instrumental methods; will be able to evaluate the results of the measurements; to use appropriate software; to present the results.
- 1. Orientation tests, qualitative elemental analysis, classification and group reactions, physical constants determination of organic compounds. 2. Semimicrodetermination of carbon and hydrogen. 3. Volumetric determination of nitrogen according to Dumas and Dubsky. 4. Microdetermination of sulfur according to Schöniger. 5. Derivatization of alcohols and their identification by TLC. 6. Interpretation of spectra of organic molecules. 7. Gas chromatography. Determination of alcohols in an alcoholic drink. 8. Capillary electrophoresis. Determination of caffeine and acetylsalicylic acid in Acylcoffin. 9. Liquid chromatography on reverse phase with UV-VIS detection
- required literature
- FARKOVÁ, Marta, Blanka VRBKOVÁ and Helena ZAVADILOVÁ. Metody chemického výzkumu – praktikum (Methods of chemical research - laboratory). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2012. 170 pp. mimo edice. ISBN 978-80-210-5783-8. info
- Teaching methods
- Type of education: students have to pass all exercises included in the course
- Assessment methods
- Type of exam: written tests, final test, oral examination during the lessons. Students have to submit all protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/C6250