PřF:C6380 Mathemat.Models for Org.Chem. - Course Information
C6380 Mathematical Models for Organic ChemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 2 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 25 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Basic notions of graph theory which are of interest in models of organic chemistry. Chemical graphs and matrices. Elementary electronic processes. Chemical and reaction distance. Principle of minimal chemical distance (PMCD). Canonical numbering of a chemical graph. Synthon model of organic chemistry. Valence states of atoms and their interconversions. Mathematical model of a synthon. Elementary electronic processes on synthons. Family of isomeric synthons (FIS). Synthon precursors/successors. FIS and organic synthesis.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.