PřF:C7935 Plastics recycling - Course Information
C7935 Recycling of thermoplastics, thermosets, vulcanizates.Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus 2 credits for an exam). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- RNDr. Ladislav Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer), prof. RNDr. Milan Potáček, CSc. (deputy)
- prof. RNDr. Milan Potáček, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Mon 8:00–9:50 A14-207
- The course is based on the knowledge of organic and macromolecular chemistry
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The subject of this course is to understand the recycling of plastic waste disposal (thermoplastics, thermosets, vulcanizates) as the complex problem-covering legislature, economical and technological problems. The whole process starting with collection of waste and bringing to an end by utilizing with emphasis on minimizing waste land filling and negative influence on the environment. At least one excursion to the recycling facility is a part of this course. The graduate of this course should get the necessary basic knowledge to apply for work in the recycling company and be able individually and independently improve his (her) knowledge of this subject.
- 1. Legislature and terminology 2. English terminology of recycling 3. Collection, identification and sorting of waste 4. Dry and wet technological operations 5. Processing technologies in melt 6. Additives for recycling 7. Thermoplastics recycling 8. PET recycling 9. Thermosets recycling 10. Vulcanizates recycling 11. Chemical recycling 12. Methods of thermal decomposition 13. Waste as energy source 14. Problems and expectations of recycling and waste disposal of plastics (Thermoplastics, Thermosets, Vulcanizates) in EU countries 15. Recycling versus biodegradation
- Vannessa Goodship: Introduction to Plastic Recycling, Smithers Rapra Technology Lim.,UK, 2007, ISBN 978-1-84735-078-7
- -I. Kuřitka,P. Slobodian, N. Saha: Recyklace a zneškodnění tuhých odpadů, UTB Zlín,ISBN 80-7318-490-7
- R.J. Ehring: Plastic Recycling, Hanser Publishers, Germany 1992, ISBN 3-446-15882-0
- Teaching methods
- lectures with tasks for solution via intranet
- Assessment methods
- Written examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2018/C7935