PřF:C8113 Meth.biotech - Course Information
C8113 Biotechnology methodsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Jiří Kučera, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vojtěch Sedláček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdeněk Farka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Dadáková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jiří Kučera, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biotechnology (programme PřF, N-BTC)
- Course objectives
- The main aim of the course is to acquire basic methods used in biotechnology. In the course of practical exercises, students will be familiarized with the procedures typical for the development and realization of the biotechnology process in a bioreactor.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to: - know the basic principles of application of selected methods used in biotechnology. -use different methods for further experimental work in biotechnology and related fields.
- Preparing a production strain. Small-scale process optimization. Transfer process to bioreactor. Bioprocess monitoring (in terms of biomass, substrates, products, aeration). Biomass separation and product purification.
- Methods in biotechnology. Edited by Hans-Peter Schmauder. London: Taylor & Francis, 1997. ix, 257 s. ISBN 0-7484-0429-5. info
- Teaching methods
- Individually supervised laboratory course.
- Assessment methods
- Compulsory participation in the whole block exercise. Completion by credit on the basis of participation and processing of protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/C8113