PřF:C8170 Enzymology-sem. - Course Information
C8170 Enzymology - seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Skládal, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Petr Skládal, CSc.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C8170/01: Fri 10:00–11:50 C04/211, P. Skládal
C8170/02: Tue 13:00–14:50 C04/211, P. Skládal
C8170/03: Fri 8:00–9:50 C04/211, P. Skládal
- NOW ( C8160 Enzymology )
related to the course on Enzymology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Practical training in enzymology. Systematic nomenclature of enzymes. Measurement of enzyme activity. Calculations of enzyme kinetics. Bioanalytical applications of enzymes and related calculations.
- 1. Enzyme nomenclature and enzyme activity. 2. Methods for measurement of enzyme activity I - photometric techniques. 3. Methods for measurement of enzyme activity II - oxygen sensor, pH stat, measurement of gaseous products. 4. Purification of enzymes and its evaluation. 5. Kinetics of monosubstrate reactions, Michaelis-Menten equation. 6. Determination of kinetic parameters from experimental results, integrated form of the Michaelis-Menten equation. 7. Effect of pH and temperature on enzyme kinetics. 8. Inhibition. 9. Multisubstrate reactions. 10. Cooperative effects. 11. Immobilized enzymes. 12. Bioanalytical aplications of enzymes. 13. Enzymes in immunoassay techniques.
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- praktické procvičování učiva probíraného na přednášce z enzymologie, zejména výpočty
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.