PřF:C8715 Education in Chemistry - Course Information
C8715 Education in ChemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Chemistry (programme PřF, M-SS)
- The subject is composed of two parts, general and the special one, more oriented to chemistry itself. The first part is oriented to the contents of the subject matter and its structure, mathematical models used in its analysis, algorithmic a heuristic subject matter. The methods used in chemistry teaching are also discussed. A special attention is paid to the diagnostic methods, especially tests, and also to the computer applications in chemistry teaching. At the end of the first part, psychological aspects of chemistry teaching are discussed, especially creativity. In the second part, approaches how to teach selected parts of the high school and college chemistry are discussed. The following are among them: electronic structure of atoms, periodic properties of the elements, chemical bonding, chemical kinetics and equilibrium, thermochemistry, s- and p- elements, general organic chemistry, reaction mechanisms in organic chemistry, basis of the chemistry of the living systems.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses