PřF:C8860 Synthesic Methods of Green Che - Course Information
C8860 Synthesic Methods of Green Chemistry (Selected Chapters)Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Pavel Pazdera, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- The successful encompassment of Organic chemistry incl. organic synthesis, coordination and catalysis of organic reactions.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 22 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- In the end of this course, the student will be able to understand the principles and goals of Green Chemistry and to apply these for the designing of organic syntheses according to Chemistry for sustainable development and cleaner production. The student will be able to apply progressive methods and techniques of Green Chemistry.
- Sustainable development and sustainability in chemistry (Green chemistry, cleaner production). Resources and principles.
- Phase transfer catalysis (PTC), principles, catalysts, lipophility of ions. Two-phase systems s-l, l-l, g-l, tri-phase systems. Inverted PTC. Applications in synthesis.
- Micellar catalysis, surfactants and syntheses in water. Principles, materials, synthetic applications.
- Sonochemistry, principles, cavitation, comparison with PTC, apparatus, synthetic applications. Influence on heterogenous s-l, l-l, g-l) and homogenous reactions. Activation of heterogenous catalysts (metals).
- Microwaves (MW) and synthesis. Principles, application methods and techniques.Synthetic applications.
- Solid supported reactions, principles, materials, synthetic applications
- Ionic liquids, ionic liquids as solvents and catalysts, comparison with classic solvent, synthetic applications.
- Supercritical liquids (Sc-l), Sc-water and Sc-carbon dioxide.
- Sophistic approach as method of green chemistry.
- Green chemistry and processes, M. Doble., A.K. Kruthiventi, Elselvier, AP London 2007.
- Green chemistry, an introductory text, M. Lancaster, RSC London 2002.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam. Discourse about tree problems connected with the content of course.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: každý lichý rok.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Znalosti budou vyžadovány u státní závěrečné zkoušky z organické chemie v magisterském studijním programu!.