PřF:C9070 Plasma Spectrometry - Course Information
C9070 Plasma SpectrometryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Viktor Kanický, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Viktor Kanický, DrSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Analytical Chemistry (programme PřF, D-CHE_)
- Course objectives
- Basic concept: plasma definition, temperature, excitation in plasma. Plasma sources of radiation in optical emission spectrometry. Low pressure discharges and their analytical use. Spectrometers with low pressure discharges of radiation. Discharges at atmospheric pressure: DC, inductively and capacitively coupled plasma, microwawe plasma. Basic principals of dynamic mass spectrometers and theirs coupling with plasma sources of ions. Diagnostic of low and high temperature plasmas.
- 1. definition of plasma. Kinetic, electronic, ionic and Planck temperature of plasma.
- 2. Influence of magnetic field to temperature. Thermal equilibrium. Computation pasma parameters.
- 3. Low-pressure non thermal equilibrium plasma. Hollow cathode and anode, Grimm discharge, glow dicharge (DC and HF).
- 4. Spectrometers with low pressure discharges of radiation.
- 5. Discharges at atmospheric pressure and spectrochemical paramerters.
- 6. Plasmatron, arc and spark plasma, analytical parameters.
- 7. DC, inductively and capacitively coupled plasma
- 8. Microwawe plasma
- 9. Plasma diagnostics: Langmuir probe
- 10.Plasma diagnostic . optical methods, measuring of temperature, electron density, ionization.
- Assessment methods
- lecture, oral examination
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/C9070