PřF:C9085 Protein-RNA interactions - Course Information
C9085 Protein-RNA interactionsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s) (plus 2 credits for an exam). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Richard Štefl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Richard Štefl, Ph.D.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The course will provide an overview on how proteins interact with RNAs. Different modes of interactions as well as their importance for biological functions will be discussed. In addition, the course will highlight advantages and disadvantages of various techniques when applied to protein-RNA complexes.
- 1. A Brief introduction to chemical structure of RNAs and proteins 2. A Brief introduction to basic structural motifs of RNAs and proteins 3. Introduction to protein-RNA interactions 4. RNA sequence-dependent recognition by proteins 5. RNA structure-dependent recognition by proteins 6. Experimental methods for structural determination of protein-RNA complexes 7. Biochemical methods for characterization of protein-RNA complexes 8. Known mechanistic pictures on how the interactions between Proteins and RNAs mediate gene expression and its regulation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.