PřF:C9531 Structure of biomacromolecules - Course Information
C9531 Structure of biomacromoleculesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Filip Melicher (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jitka Plucarová (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Lukáš Žídek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Lukáš Žídek, Ph.D.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Mgr. Lukáš Žídek, Ph.D.
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C9531/01: Fri 15:00–16:50 A9-316
C9531/02: Fri 13:00–14:50 A5-114
- NOW ( c9530 Structure of biomacromolecules )
The seminar is offered to students attending course C9530 (Structure of biomacromolecules).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biochemistry (programme PřF, B-BCH)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the seminar is to offer the chance to practice the knowledge acquired in course C9530 (Structure of biomacromolecules) and to prepare students for the exam of the course C9530.
- Learning outcomes
- Students attending the course
will be able:
-to analyze molecular structures;
-solving problems modeled as real examples from the laboratory practice;
-combine results of various types of analyses to obtain a complex solution;
- 1. Torsion angle determination, work with protein models. 2. Work with nucleic acid models, determination of pseudorotation. 3. Nucleic acid sequencing, designing site-directed mutagenesis. 4. Peptide sequencing using mass spectrometry. 5. IR and CD protein spectra interpretation. 6. X-ray diffraction - resolution, phase problem, refinement. 7. Sequential assignment of NMR spectra of a protein and a nucleic acid. 9. X-ray diffraction - resolution, phase problem, refinement.
- Teaching methods
- Practical problems are presented during the semester. After a detailed analysis of the model solution students demonstrate their ability to solve the problems individually in a form of tests.
- Assessment methods
- Students are required to solve at least 60% problems in each of oral test during semester. Excellent performance will be taken into account during the C9530 examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/C9531