PřF:F1141 Introduction into Physics,sem. - Course Information
F1141 Introduction into Physics, seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Petr Klenovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Vlastimil Křápek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Richard Štoudek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Eduard Schmidt, CSc.
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F1141/01: Thu 10:00–11:50 F1,01014
F1141/02: Wed 18:00–19:50 F3,03015
F1141/03: Tue 11:00–12:50 F1,01014
- NOW ( F1140 Introduction into Physics )
Requirements of physics on the level of grammar school and lecture Introduction to physics(Úvod do fyziky).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- After successful passing of the course, the students should be able to
- list and explain basic methods of physical exploration of the surrounding world
- debate the application of the methods in particular cases of seeking answers for fundamental problems of natural scineces
- discuss the current reality concepts based on the physical research.
- 1. What is physics. History. Relation to mathematics and natural sciences. 2. Physical research. Observation, experiment, theory, model. 3. Measurement. Basic physical quantities. Systems of units. Practical measurement. 4. Space, time and motion. Kinematics. Dynamics. Special theory of relativity. 5. Interaction in nature. Fundamental interactions. Field. 6. Fundamental physical constants. e, c, h... 7. Physical laws. Conservation laws. 8. Order and chaos. 9. Micro-world. Structure of matter. Particles. Quantum physics. 10.Mezo-world. Gases, liquids, solid state, granular matter. 11.Macro-world. Universe.
- HALLIDAY, David, Robert RESNICK and Jearl WALKER. Fyzika :vysokoškolská učebnice obecné fyziky. Edited by Bohumila Lencová - Jan Obdržálek - Petr Dub. Vyd. 1. V Brně: Vysoké učení technické, 2000. vii, s. 10. ISBN 80-7196-214-7. info
- Teaching methods
- class discussion, group projects
- Assessment methods
- At least 50 % success on each written test.
Individual demonstration of the selected problems.
Attendance at least 70 %.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.