PřF:F1400a Programming excersize - Course Information
F1400a Computer programming excersizeFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F1400a/01: Tue 15:00–15:50 Fcom,01034, P. Mikulík
F1400a/02: Mon 15:00–15:50 Fcom,01034, P. Mikulík
- NOW ( F1400 Computer programming )
Preferably to pass together with F1400.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- This course is an enhancement to basic Programming course, F1400, via practice in programming more complex tasks.
The main objective of the course is to provide the students with the ability to
- use program gnuplot for graph plotting of functions and data,
- write programs in programming language C,
- employ GNU Octave and Matlab to solve tasks in numerical math,
- employ typography system LaTeX in scope of creating scientific texts.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- write simple programs in programming language C, in GNU Octave or Matlab;
- employ typography system LaTeX for typesetting of scientific texts.
- Operating systems. Linux. Programming. Text editors.
- Data and function drawing in gnuplot.
- Programming language C. Simple programs: evaluation of functions, iterations, input and output.
- Programs Octave and Matlab. Basic vectorial and matricial operations.
- Basics of typography. Writing of scientific texts in typography system LaTeX. Basic commands and packages.
- recommended literature
- RYBIČKA, Jiří. Latex pro začátečníky. 2. vyd. Brno: Konvoj, 1999. 190 s. ISBN 8085615746. info
- Teaching methods
- Programming in the computer lab.
- Assessment methods
- Before creditting, each student submits a particular problem from numerical mathematics solved via a program code and equipped with LaTeX documentation.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/F1400a