The course is focused on the repetition, completion and improving of knowledge and on the getting of practical skills in fundamentals of mathematical disciplines (algebra, geometry, combinatorics, differential and integral calculus) on the secondary-school level and on the basic level of bachelor course of mathematics. These skills are useful and needful for physical courses of the first and second semester that somewhat goes before university courses of mathematics.
Thus, the main objectives can be summarized as follows: to repeat and complete knowledge of the secondary-school mathematics; to get practical and routine numerical skills on the both secondary-school level and basic level of the bachelor course
At the end of the course students will be:
-actively knowledgeable in terms, context and methods of secondary-school mathematics (with a certain overlap to the undergraduate mathematics);
-able to propose, explain and practice relevant solving methods in typical tasks of secondary-school mathematics;
-able to apply discussed terms (see Course Content) to concrete situations in introductory bachelor course of physics and mathematics.
1. Modification of algebraic expressions.
2. Goniometry and trigonometry.
3. Systems of linear and quadratic equations.
4. Test (topics 1.- 3.). Limits and differentiations.
5. Integration I.
6. Integration II.
7. Characterictics of trajectories.
8. Test (topics 4.-7.). Parametrical na general equations of curves and surfaces.
9. Analytic geometry of lines and planes.
10. Analytic geometry of conics.
11. Test (topics 8.-10.). Some simple differential equations with physical meaning.
13. Test (topics 11. and 12.). Topic by request of the students.
Sbírky maturitních příkladů z matematiky
DEMIDOVIČ, Boris Pavlovič. Sbírka úloh a cvičení z matematické analýzy. 1. vyd. Havlíčkův Brod: Fragment, 2003. 460 s. ISBN 8072005871. info
Teacher starts every topic with the theoretical summary of basic concepts and ideas.
Then students individually solve given concrete examples, and discuss their solutions in details.
graded credit (4 written tests during the semester, homeworks, necessity to frequent the course (this requirement is possible to compensate by solving examples)); exam (necessary condition for pasing exam - at least 50% points in semestral tests)
Language of instruction
Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.