PřF:F2180 Physical laboratory 1 - Course Information
F2180 Physical laboratory 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Stanislava Debnárová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Oleksandr Galmiz, Ph.D. (seminar tutor), doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D. (deputy)
doc. RNDr. Tomáš Homola, PhD. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Jurmanová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Zlata Kelar Tučeková, PhD. (seminar tutor), doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D. (deputy)
RNDr. Pavel Konečný, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zbyněk Voráč, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Luboš Poláček (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Zdeněk Bochníček, Dr.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F2180/01: Mon 14:00–16:50 02014, P. Konečný
F2180/02: Fri 8:00–10:50 02014, O. Galmiz, P. Konečný
F2180/03: Tue 8:00–10:50 02014, Z. Navrátil
F2180/04: Tue 14:00–16:50 02014, Z. Kelar Tučeková, Z. Navrátil
F2180/05: Mon 8:00–10:50 02014, Z. Voráč
F2180/06: Thu 15:00–17:50 02014, Z. Voráč
F2180/07: Wed 16:00–18:50 02014, T. Homola
F2180/08: Fri 12:00–14:50 02014, O. Galmiz, T. Homola, Z. Kelar Tučeková, P. Konečný, Z. Navrátil, Z. Voráč
F2180/09: Fri 15:00–17:50 02014, O. Galmiz, T. Homola, Z. Kelar Tučeková, P. Konečný, Z. Navrátil, Z. Voráč
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Mechanika a termika v rozsahu úvodní přednášky kurzu obecné fyziky.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students get the following skills:
Measurement of the basic physical quantities in Mechanics, Thermics a Electricity.
Evaluation of the experimental data including experimental error analysis.
Writing a report.
- 1. Introduction, experimental report, safety in laboratory. Theory of experimental errors. 2. Density of solid cylinder. 3. Measurement of electrical resistance. 4. Density, viscosity and surface tension of liquids. 5. Local free-fall acceleration - reverse pendulum. 6. Young modulus and shear modulus, electrical calorimeter, preparation part. 7. Electrical calorimeter, experimental part. 8. Poisson constant of air. 9. Measurement of temperature. 10. Measurement of voltage and current. 11. Thermal conductivity, preparation part. 12. Thermal conductivity, experimental part.
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory exercises.
- Assessment methods
- The 60% success at electronic tests solved during the semester, measurement of all given experimental problems and successful hand-in of all measurement reports are required to obtain the credit. To be let to measure, it is required to pass (60 %) written test from theory of measurement errors in the third week of semester within the learning of the first two teaching blocks.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses