PřF:F5351 Basics of molecular biophysics - Course Information
F5351 Basics of molecular biophysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Dr. Jiří Kozelka, PhD. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jiří Šponer, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Lukáš Trantírek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Wed 11:00–11:50 B11/305
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- F1190 Introduction to biophysics
Succesful passing course F5351
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The course presents to the students basics of structure and function of biopolymers. To this end, the physical nature of intermolecular forces, which determine the properties of biopolymers, is lectured.
Particular attention is devoted to the physical and chemical properties of a biomolecule with respect to its structural formula.
- Learning outcomes
- After successful passing the course the students will be able to: - list and describe the principles of fundamental inter-molecular forces - for a given biomolecule, determine its physical and chemical properties from its structure.
- Introduction into molecular biophysics
- Intermolecular forces
- Nucleic acids
- Molecular biophysics of biomembranes
- Structure and function of selected metalloproteins
- VOET, Donald, Judith G. VOET and Charlotte W. PRATT. Fundamentals of biochemistry : life at the molecular level. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2008. xxx, 1099. ISBN 9780470129302. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discussion
- Assessment methods
- Final oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information