PřF:F7100 Diagnostics methods 1 - Course Information
F7100 Diagnostics methods 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Antonín Brablec, CSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Jaroslav Hnilica, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. Mgr. Vít Kudrle, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Lenka Zajíčková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Voráč, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Fri 8:00–10:50 Fs2,04003
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Plasma Physics (programme PřF, N-FY)
- Course objectives
- Students get information concerning fundamental plasma diagnostics methods (optical emission spectrometry, electric probes in plasma, mass spectrometry and ion energy analysis, microwave diagnostics, electron paramagnetic resonance). Additionally, information about analysis of other types of matter are briefly included too.
- Learning outcomes
- Student should get detailed insight into the principles of plasma diagnostics and theoretical background for the practical class F8542. At the end of the part about mass spectroscopy the students should be able to: describe general parts of mass spectrometers; explain basic principles of ionizations; explain basic principles of ion separation by mass and energy; describe basic types of detectors; analyze simple mass spectra; recall experimental requirements, possibilities and limitations of plasma diagnostics by mass and ion energy spectroscopies.
- optical emission and absorption spectroscopy
- electric probes in plasma
- mass spectrometry and ion energy analysis
- MW diagnostics
- recommended literature
- THORNE, Anne P., Ulf LITZÉN and Sveneric JOHANSSON. Spectrophysics : principles and applications. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1999. xiv, 433. ISBN 3540651179. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- written exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on completion of the course: Způsob ukončení je dán individuálním studijním plánem
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/F7100