PřF:F7550 Lie groups,algebras&gaugefield - Course Information
F7550 Lie groups, Lie algebras and gauge fieldsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. Franz Hinterleitner, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Franz Hinterleitner, Ph.D.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Franz Hinterleitner, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Electrodynamics, basic knowledge of manifolds
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (programme PřF, N-FY, specialization Teoretická fyzika)
- Course objectives
- Symmetries, Lie groups and algebras, manifolds, bundles, gauge fields, like the electromagnetic or the Yang-Mills fields, in the framework of principle bundles of Lie groups and their connections and covariant derivatives. Uniform geometric description of gauge fields as bundle curvature, derived from the connection. Application to gravity. Aims: Geometric point of view of Lie groups and algebras; geometric understanding of gauge fields
- Symmetries, Lie groups and algebras,
- manifolds, bundles,
- gauge fields, like the electrodynamic or the Yang-Mills field in the formalism of principle bundles of Lie groups and their connexions and covariant derivatives.
- Unified geometric description of gauge fields as bundle curvature, derived from a connexion.
- Application to gravity.
- NAKAHARA, Mikio. Geometry, topology and physics. Bristol: Institute of physics publishing, 1990. xiii, 505. ISBN 0-85274-095-6. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/F7550