PřF:FC020 Num. meth. in plasma phys. - Course Information
FC020 Numerical methods in plasma physicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. David Trunec, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. David Trunec, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- The knowledge of programing in common programing languages is assumed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course, the student obtains the knowledge about numerical solution of usual problems from plasma physics.
- Numerical differentiation. Solution of Laplace equation by the method of finite differences. Iterative methods for solution of large systems of linear algebraic equations. Solution of parabolic equations by the method of lines. Least square method and statistical estimation of parameters.
- PRESS, William H. Numerical recipes in fortran : the art of scientific computing. 2nd ed. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1992. 963 s. ISBN 052143064X. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- 3 homeworks
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Způsob ukončení je dán individuálním studijním plánem
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/FC020