PřF:G1020 Physical geology I - Course Information
G1020 Physical geology IFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 4/1/0. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Slavomír Nehyba, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ivo Baroň, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Milan Geršl, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Helena Gilíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Šárka Hladilová, CSc.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Soňa Holečková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geology, Hydrogeology and Geochemistry (programme PřF, B-GE)
- Geology, Hydrogeology and Geochemistry (programme PřF, M-GE)
- Geology - Museology (programme PřF, B-GE)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Biology and Geology (programme PřF, M-BI)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Biology and Geology (programme PřF, M-SS)
- Course objectives
- Introduction to Physical Geology, Geologic Column and Geologic Time. Astrogeology. General View of Earth, The Earth's Interior. The Earth's Crust. Plutonism, Intrusive Activity and the origin of Igneous Rocks. Volcanism and Extrusive Rocks. Postvolcanic Processes, Hot Springs and Geysers. Earthquakes. Sedimentary Strata and Sedimentary Rocks. Metamorphism, Metamorphic and Hydrothermal Rocks. Geologic Structures, Deformation of Rocks. Mountain Belts and Evolution of Mountain Belts. Plate Tectonics.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2001/G1020