PřF:GI001 Modern techniques in geology - Course Information
GI001 Modern techniques in geology - invited lecturesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 1 credit(s). Recommended Type of Completion: z (credit). Other types of completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr. (lecturer)
- doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 15/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 32 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Two short courses are planned: Date: 5.4.2019 Antonio Acosta-Vigil, Instituto Andaluz de Ciencias de la Tierra, CSIC-Universidad de Granada: Crustal melting and melt inclusions in anatectic rocks. Partial melting (anatexis) of the continental crust is a fundamental process to understand the generation and evolution of the continental crust of the Earth. Melt inclusions are small droplets of melt trapped in minerals during their growth in the presence of melt. The best known and most studied melt inclusions are those present in volcanic rocks. However, the relatively recent discovery of melt inclusions in deep high-grade crystalline rocks such as migmatites and granulites offers a new tool to investigate crustal anatexis. This short course includes both theoretical and practical exercises. In the theoretical part we will review some fundamental concepts of crustal anatexis and melt inclusions in migmatites and granulites; we also will learn from two case studies where melt inclusions have been applied to investigate crustal anatexis. During the practical exercise we will focus on recognizing melt inclusions in migmatites and granulites under the petrographic microscope. ------------------ Term between 7.4. to 12.4. (one- to two-days course), the precise date of the course will be specified later. prof. Reicherter z RWTH Aachen Téma: GEOHAZARDS
- Assessment methods
- Mandatory attendance on both courses.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Nutná je účast nejméně na dvou přednáškách. Za účast bude udělen zápočet.
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Note related to how often the course is taught: v pátek, konat se budou dva bloky přednášek po 4 hodinách.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/GI001