PřF:M0001 Mathematics around Us - Course Information
M0001 Mathematics around UsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (příf plus uk k 1 zk 2 plus 1 > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. RNDr. Eduard Fuchs, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Eduard Fuchs, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Předmět nevyžaduje vysokoškolské znalosti matematiky
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course are to acquaint the student with the relation of mathematics with other natural sciences, as well as with art, architecture, linguistics, etc.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students will be able
to understand and to explain actual modern methods of mathematics
in the other sciences and to apply the pieces of knowledge
in their own future school practice.
- Program of the lectures:
- www.math.muni.cz/fuchs/, at december 2013
- recommended literature
- GLEICK, James. Chaos :vznik nové vědy. Translated by Jaroslav Sedlář - Renata Kamenická. [1. vyd.]. Brno: Ando Publishing, 1996. 349 s. ISBN 80-86047-04-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures completed by moderate disscussion.
- Assessment methods
- Short written report.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.