PřF:M9700 History of Geometry - Course Information
M9700 History of GeometryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Josef Janyška, DSc. (lecturer)
- prof. RNDr. Josef Janyška, DSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- M9700/01: Tue 14:00–15:50 MS1,01016
- The knowlidge of all methods of descriptive geometry is supposed.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Descriptive Geometry (programme PřF, N-MA)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics (programme PřF, N-CH)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics (programme PřF, N-EB)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics (programme PřF, N-FY)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Mathematics (programme PřF, N-MA)
- Course objectives
- Historical determination of methods of descriptive geometry is studied. Students should be able to explain historical development of geometry.
- 1. Grecian geometric school; Elementa of Euklid. 2. Descriptive Geometry by G. Monge. 3. Geometry and art; linear perspective. 4. Czech geometric school.
- Euklides, Základy, překlad F. Servít, Praha 1907
- Monge G., Deskriptivní geometrie,
- Kadeřávek F., Úvod do dějin rýsování a zobrazovacích nauk,
- Folta J., Česká geometrická škola, Historická analýza, Studia SAV
- Teaching methods
- Seminar. Presentation of seminar projects.
- Assessment methods
- Presentation of the seminar project and quality of the written version of the project is evalueted.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2018/M9700