PřF:Z0026 Physical geography - Course Information
Z0026 Physical geographyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 4/1/0. 9 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Zdeněk Máčka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. David Honek (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Ondráčková (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 13:00–14:50 A,01026, Wed 8:00–9:50 A,01026
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
Z0026/02: Mon 10:00–10:50 Z3,02045, D. Honek, L. Ondráčková
Z0026/03: Mon 9:00–9:50 Z4,02028, D. Honek, L. Ondráčková
Z0026/04: Mon 8:00–8:50 Z4,02028, D. Honek, L. Ondráčková
Z0026/05: Mon 18:00–18:50 Z5,02004, D. Honek, L. Ondráčková
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- (! NOWANY ( Z0026p Physical geography ) && ! NOWANY ( Z0026c Physical geography-seminar ))
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- there are 11 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- This discipline gives a basic idea about a subsystem of physical-geographical sphere with orientation on its individual processes and phenomena. Parallelly there are presented connections and relations of processes, explanations of causes and mechanisms of their functioning with a special attention to individual parts and the whole physical-geograhical sphere.
Main objectives can be summarized as follows:
to learn the basis of particular disciplines of physical geography
to understand the linkages between the physical components of the landscape
- Lecture: 1. Introduction to physical geography 2. Basic knowledge about atmosphere 3. Basic meteorological elements 4. General atmospheric circulation 5. Weather forecast 6. Climate classifications 7. Climatic variability and change 8. Hydrosphere 9. Hydrography 10. Hydrometry 11. Water regime of rivers 12. Hydrology of underground water 13. Hydrology of lakes and reservoirs 14. The World ocean. 15. Earth inner structure, litosphere and plate tectonics 16. Earth materials: minerals and rocks 17. Tectonic and volcanic landforms 18. Weathering and mass wasting 19. Landforms made by running water 20. Landforms and rock structure 21. Landforms made by waves and wind 22. Glacial landforms and the ice ages 23. Global soils 24. Global ecosystems
- required literature
- STRAHLER, Alan H. Introducing Physical Geography. 5. vyd. : Wiley, 2010. 656 pp. ISBN 0-470-13486-0. info
- recommended literature
- STRAHLER, Alan H. and Zeeya MERALI. Visualizing physical geography. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2007. xxxi, 592. ISBN 9780470095720. info
- not specified
- STRAHLER, Alan H. and Arthur Newell STRAHLER. Introducing physical geography. 4th ed. Hoboken, N.J.: J. Wiley, 2006. xxv, 728. ISBN 047167950X. info
- STRAHLER, Alan H. and Arthur Newell STRAHLER. Introducing physical geography. 3rd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2003. xix, 684. ISBN 0471238007. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical preparation - lectures. Teaching in leactures is accompanied by the course Physical geography - seminar (Z0026c).
- Assessment methods
- Succesful finishing of the course requires to pass written exam. Exam covers all themes presented in the lecture. Thus, exam includes 17 qustions; correct answer to a quation scores 2 points.
Final grade depends on the number of points gained from written exam:
22,5 - 24,8 points E
24,81 - 27,1 points D
27,11 - 29,4 points C
29,41 - 31,7 points B
31,71 - 34 points A
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught last offered.
General note: Nutno zapsat na začátku studia v 1. semestru.
Information on course enrolment limitations: studenti nemateřských oborů si mohou požádat prostřednictvím ISu o udělení výjimky
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2015/Z0026