PřF:Z0262 Geoinformatics - Course Information
Z0262 GeoinformaticsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- doc. RNDr. Petr Kubíček, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Radka Báčová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Peter Ondrejka (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Petr Kubíček, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Wed 9:00–9:50 A,01026
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
Z0262/02: Wed 19:00–19:50 Z1,01001b, R. Báčová, P. Ondrejka
Z0262/03: Wed 8:00–8:50 Z1,01001b, R. Báčová, P. Ondrejka
Z0262/04: Tue 11:00–11:50 Z1,01001b, R. Báčová, P. Ondrejka
Z0262/05: Thu 17:00–17:50 Z1,01001b, R. Báčová, P. Ondrejka
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- KREDITY_MIN ( 10 )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 100 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/100, only registered: 0/100
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 9 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Graduates of this lecture will be able to: - list basic principles of geoinformation technologies use, historical context, and classification; understand geodata acquisition principles and interpret basic geodata models; apply the skills on selected examples and perform a GIS analysis in digital environment; present practical results and evaluate them.
- 1. GIS and GIScience 2. GIS history 3. Geodata processing and models 4. Geodata geometry - shape/location/topology 5. Geodata collection 6. Geodata transformation - shape/data model/format 7. Geodatabase 8. GIS querry and exploratory analysis 9. GIS modelling 10. Presentation of geodata - basic cartographic rules 11. GIS software - commercial and OpenSource
- recommended literature
- DEMERS, Michael N. Fundamentals geographic information systems. 2nd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2000. xiii, 498. ISBN 0471314234. info
- Teaching methods
- Theoretical lectures, practical applications
- Assessment methods
- Test on PC by separate questions where answers are pre-defined and therefore user chooses the right one. All papers during the semester have to be for at least 30 points (every paper is evaluated between 1 a 10 points) from possible 50 points.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Nutno zapsat v 1. ročníku studia.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses