PřF:Z7017F Seminar 1 - Course Information
Z7017F Seminar 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Rudolf Brázdil, DrSc.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to present to students geographers from other universities, research institutes and praxis, with regards to their professional development, institution in which they work, and professional topics, with which they are solving or investigating.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course, students should be able to: orient themselves in practical research projects solved by geographers and specialists from related fields; understand how to apply theoretical knowledge for solution of practical topics; use information obtained for the work on the MSc. thesis; formulate and critically evaluate professional presentations; comment independently on presented topics from physical geography; lead a discussion on professional problems; formulate list of problems from physical geography for their solution in practice.
- 1.-12. Presentations of individual institutions dealing with geographical problems: - universities - institutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences - institutes of different branches - institutions of local and state governments - firms - ecological institutions Evaluation and discussions to individual presentations. 13. Concluding evaluation of the seminar
- recommended literature
- Geografie - Sborník České geografické společnosti. ISSN 1212-0014.
- Geografický časopis. Časopis Geografického ústavu Slovenskej akadémie vied. ISSN 0016-7193.
- Teaching methods
- lectures of invited professionals, discussion, panel discussion
- Assessment methods
- participation in the discussion, protocols with critical evaluation of individual presentations, final team evaluation of the seminar
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2020/Z7017F