PřF:Z8120 State map series - Course Information
Z8120 State map seriesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Řezník, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Petr Kubíček, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Tomáš Řezník, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. RNDr. Tomáš Řezník, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 10:00–11:50 Z4,02028
- Knowledge on the level of a graduate of Bachelor studies in the domains of Geographic cartography and Geoinformatics is expected.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 13/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- A student should be able to conduct following at the end of this course:
- understand and explain the concept of national mapping including examples
- actively work with various kinds of national mapping products
- understand to the geodetic principles used in national mapping
- evaluate and use data originating from national mapping products in applications
- Learning outcomes
- Outputs from the learning process comprise competences of critical evaluation as well as presentation of national mapping products from the perspective of (among others) their cartographic projection(s), coordinate system(s), content, distribution and update options, visualization and legal framework.
- 1. Basic terms and legislative background
- 2. History of national mapping
- 3. Cadastral maps till 1960
- 4. Cadastral maps after 1960
- 5. Digital cadastral maps
- 6. Basic maps in the Czech Republic
- 7. ZABAGED
- 8. Military topographical maps
- 9. Military topographical maps after entering NATO
- 10. Digital models of the Czech Republic (DMÚ 25, DMÚ 200)
- 11. Thematical maps created on the basis of Basic maps
- 12. Thematical maps created on the basis of Military maps
- 13. Special issues of national cartographic products
- 14. Laser Scanning of the Czech Republic
- 15. Basic registries with emphasis on RUIAN
- 16. Digital Map of Public Administration
- 17. National mapping in Europe
- 18. Main changes of Czech cadastral act in 2014
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and discussion about the national map resources with the practical demonstrations of these maps
- Assessment methods
- Written tests with practical part (demonstration of knowledge about one example of map sheet).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/Z8120