PřF:Z8511 GIS project - Course Information
Z8511 GIS projectFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- Mgr. Bc. Zdeněk Stachoň, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Vilém Walter (seminar tutor)
Ing. Lucie Klimentová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Milan Konečný, CSc.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Bc. Zdeněk Stachoň, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Wed 9:00–9:50 Z3,02045
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Z0262 Geoinformatics && Z2062 Cartography && Z8105 Map resources && Z8118 Thematic Cartography && (! Z8150 Bachelor Thesis 1 || ! Z0003 Bachelor Thesis 1 - geography )
Basic knowledge of cartography, geoinformatics and geodatabases
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Geographical Cartography and Geoinformatics (programme PřF, B-GK)
- Course objectives
- Presentation of selected technologies of topographic and thematic map production. Students will be able to use advanced tools of GIS.
- 1. Definitions 2. Data sources 3. Data handling 4. Legend 5. Map composition 6. Map creation and publication
- BREWER, A. Cynthia. Designing better maps : a guide for GIS users. 1st ed. Redlands, Calif.: ESRI Press, 2005. xi, 203. ISBN 1589480899. info
- GIS, spatial analysis, and modeling. Edited by D. J. Maguire - Michael Batty - Michael F. Goodchild. 1st ed. Redlands, Calif.: ESRI press, 2005. xiii, 480. ISBN 1589481305. info
- DOBEŠOVÁ, Zdena. Databázové systémy v GIS. 1. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2004. 76 s. ISBN 8024408910. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures and practical computer lessons
- Assessment methods
- Credit will based on quality of final project and written test.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.