PřF:Z8989 Problems of Vizualization - Course Information
Z8989 Selected problems of Cartographic VizualizationFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. RNDr. Petr Kubíček, CSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Zdeněk Stachoň, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Šimon Leitgeb (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Kateřina Trojanová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Bc. Zdeněk Stachoň, Ph.D.
Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Bc. Zdeněk Stachoň, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Geography - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Thu 10:00–11:50 Z4,02028
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 14/20, only registered: 0/20
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Presentation of thematic cartography focused on selected topics e.g. medical issues, crisis management etc. Special attention is paid to data sources, cartographic methods and usability.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to visualize multidimensional and temporal data. They will be able to present it on both analogue and electronic way and alternate the visualization methods for various end users.
- 1. Definitions 2. User specifies for cartography 3. Examples of data visualization of medical data 4. Cartographic methods 5. Exploratory cartography 6. Czech data sources 7. Worldwide data sources 8. Medical care within spatial data infrastructures
- GIS in public health practice. Edited by Ravi Maheswaran - Massimo Craglia. Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2004. xi, 308. ISBN 0415306558. info
- CROMLEY, Ellen K. and Sara MCLAFFERTY. GIS and public health. New York, N.Y.: Guilford Press, 2002. xx, 340. ISBN 1572307072. info
- Spatial analysis, GIS, and remote sensing applications in the health sciences. Edited by Donald Patrick Albert - Wilbert M. Gesler - Barbara Levergood. Chelsea, Mich.: Ann Arbor Press, 2000. xi, 217. ISBN 1575041014. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, practical lessons
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2019/Z8989