PřF:M4010 Equations of math. physics - Course Information
M4010 Equations of mathematical physicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 3/2/0. 5 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Pospíšil, Dr. (lecturer)
- doc. RNDr. Eduard Fuchs, CSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Zuzana Došlá, DSc.
- Single- and multivariable differential and integral calculus, curve and surface integral, ordinary differential equations.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The discipline is a part of the fundamental course of mathematical analysis for students of physics. It contains a sample of classical methods of solutions of partial differential equations.
- Boundary value problems for ordinary differential equations.
- Special functions: Gamma function, Bessel functions, Legendre, Laguerre a Hermite polynomials.
- Methods of characteristics: quasilinear 1st order equation, canonical form of 2nd order equations, initial value problem for wawe equations.
- Methods of integral transforms: Fourier, Laplace transforms.
- Methods of separation of variables: wawe equation, heat equation, eliptic equation, Schroedinger equation.
- Eliptic equations: harmonic functions, potentials, Green function.
- Franců Jan. Parciální diferenciální rovnice. VUT Brno, 2000
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Písemná a navazující ústní část
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.