PřF:F9603 Od diagnózy k léku - Course Information
F9603 Od diagnózy k lékuFaculty of Science
spring 2012 - acreditation
The information about the term spring 2012 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Karel Kubíček, PhD. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Vojtěch Mornstein, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Basic knowledge of human body, nucleic acids, proteins, organic chemistry and basic label knowledge of theoretical and experimental methods applied for studies of interactions between biomolecules
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to provide the students logical connections between the macro-/micro-scopic aspects of several common diseases of humans (Alzheimer, Bekhterev, cancer) and changes in protein primary to tertiary structure, which affect the protein-protein interaction, (un)folding of the protein, protein-nucleic acid interaction, protein-ligand interaction. The course will also show the strategies for designing cures and therapy of these diseases.
- 1) The concept of identification and characterization of a disease 2) Historical evolution of therapy 3) Identification of a disease at a molecular level 4) The role of (un)folding, changes in primary sequence 5) Protein-protein, protein-NA, protein-ligand interactions 6) Drug-design
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discuasion
- Assessment methods
- Final oral exam – dissection of scientific publication
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.