PřF:C6250 Methods of Chem. Res. - lab. - Course Information
C6250 Methods of Chemical Research - laboratoryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 5 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: graded credit.
- RNDr. Marta Farková, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Aleš Hrdlička, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Jiří Toužín, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- RNDr. Marta Farková, CSc.
Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Chemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C6250/01: Fri 7:00–11:50 C10/209, M. Farková
C6250/02: Thu 8:00–12:50 C10/209, A. Hrdlička
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- C5190 Instr. Anal. Chem. II-lab.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is practical introduction to classical procedures of organic compounds analysis, which are the basis of instrumental methods, and to instrumental separation techniques suitable for analysis of organic compounds.
- 1. Orientation tests, qualitative elemental analysis, classification and group reactions, physical constants determination of organic compounds. 2. Semimicrodetermination of carbon and hydrogen. 3. Volumetric determination of nitrogen according to Dumas and Dubsky. 4. Microdetermination of sulphur according to Schöniger. 5. Derivatization of alcohols and their identification by TLC. 6. Interpretation of spectra of organic molecules. 7. Gas chromatography. Determination of alcohols in an alcoholic drink. 8. Capillary electrophoresis. Determination of caffeine and acetylsalicylic acid in Acylcoffin. 9. Liquid chromatography on reverse phase with UV-VIS detection
- Teaching methods
- Type of education: students have to pass all exercises included in the course
- Assessment methods
- Type of exam: written tests, final test, oral examination during the lessons. Students have to submit all protocols.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
Course is no more offered.