PřF:JFP04 French for Science 4 - Course Information
JFP04 French for Science 4Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Alena Světlíková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Hana Němcová (assistant)
Mgr. Daniela Veškrnová (assistant)
- Mgr. Hana Ševečková, M.A.
Language Centre, Faculty of Science Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Lenka Pavlíková
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JFP04/01: Thu 16:00–17:50 J5, A. Světlíková
- The knowledge of French - B2 level CEFR
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- After completing this course the student will be able to:
understand authentic scientific texts/lectures
identify the main ideas
formulate the main ideas
interpret the information
present scientific topics using basic presentation techniques
summarize a scientific text
compare and contrast
use arguments in a discussion on a scientific topic (defend one´s opinion, opose, support arguments of a colleague)
present one´s research using advanced presentation techniques
communicate on general and specialized topics using specfic language
- Syllabus: 1.biological, geographical, geological, chemical, mathematical and physical topis according to current importance and interest (necessary vocab)
- 2.general topics (necessary vocab)
- Le Nouveau sans frontiere II
- Teaching methods
- Course of French for Special Purposes; specialized text analysis, listening comprehension, conversation and discussion in pairs and in groups; applying grammar in new contexts; homeworks;
- Assessment methods
- Each course is finished by a credit test. The condition for a successful finishing of the course is passing the test and 85% attendance in the seminars.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information