PřF:M8986 Statistical inferences I - Course Information
M8986 Statistical inferences IIFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 4 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. PaedDr. RNDr. Stanislav Katina, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Veronika Horská (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Markéta Janošová (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PaedDr. RNDr. Stanislav Katina, Ph.D.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. PaedDr. RNDr. Stanislav Katina, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- Mon 20. 2. to Mon 22. 5. Tue 8:00–9:50 M2,01021
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- M7986 Statistical inferences I
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main goal of the course is to become familiar with some basic principles of testing statistical hypotheses base on Wald principle, likelihood and score principle connecting the statistical theory with MC simulations, implementation in R, geometry, and statistical graphics; to understand and explain basic principles of parametric statistical inference for categorical data; to implement these techniques in R language; to be able to apply them to real data.
- discrete probability distributions, maximum likelihood estimates of their parameters,
- principles of MC simulations in testing statistical hypotheses,
- design in one-, two-, and multi-sample experiments,
- design for contingency tables,
- design in linear regression model for categorical data,
- Teaching methods
- Lectures, practicals.
- Assessment methods
- Homework, oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.