PřF:F8572 Exp. met. and spec. lab.B 2 - Course Information
F8572 Experimental methods and special laboratory B 2Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/5. 7 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Adam Dubroka, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Luděk Bočánek, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jiří Chaloupka, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Petr Klenovský, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Petr Mikulík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Adam Dubroka, Ph.D.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Adam Dubroka, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F8572/01: No timetable has been entered into IS.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- F7571 Exp. met. and spec. lab. B 1
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- The course offers laboratory excercises on advanced experimental techniques in solid state physics with the emphasis on semiconductors.
During the course the students will acquire necessary theoretical background of the selected experimental techniques, perform the experiments in the laboratories, and analyze and physically interpret the experimental data obtained.
Using individually carried out laboratory exercises, the main objective of the course is to provide the students with the ability to
- list and describe the theoretical background of the selected experimental techniques
- apply the advanced experimental techniques in solid state physics
- process the measured data and analyze physically the obtained results.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able after the the course:
- independently use the experimental setups
- evaluate the measurements, determine random errors and estimate their systematic errors
- explain the physical prinicples of measurements and the observed phenomena
- recommend a particular type of experiment in order to determine a given property of material
- write a report on the measurement in the form common in scientific literature
- Ferroelectric properties of solids.
- Infrared spectroscopy of solids.
- Electric conductivity, Hall coefficient and magnetoconductivity of semiconductors. Temperature dependence of mobility.
- Roentgen reflection on multilayers and analysis of diffraction record on a polycrystalline sample
- Recombination of excess carriers in semiconductor, lifetime of carriers.
- Thermoelectric effect in semiconductors.
- Raman spectroscopy.
- Electron microscopy.
- Current-voltage characteristics of a p-n junction.
- Activation energy of vacancies in metals.
- Absorption edge in semiconductors.
- Technology of preparation of resistor and capacitor on a silicon wafer.
- HLÁVKA, Jan and Luděk BOČÁNEK. Praktikum z fyziky pevných látek. Vyd. 1. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1990. 103 s. ISBN 8021001127. info
- Teaching methods
- individual laboratory practice
- Assessment methods
- Graded credit based after eleven laboratory reports approved and graded by the respective teachers.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2020/F8572