PřF:F4210 Physical laboratory 3 - Course Information
F4210 Physical laboratory 3Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jaroslav Hnilica, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Peter Klein, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Souček, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Pavel Dvořák, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F4210/01: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Hnilica
F4210/02: No timetable has been entered into IS. P. Dvořák
F4210/03: No timetable has been entered into IS. P. Souček
F4210/04: No timetable has been entered into IS. P. Klein
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- F2180 Physical laboratory 1 || F3240 Physical laboratory 2
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- The course increases practical ability of students to measure physical phenomena and to analyze the measurements. Most of the tasks is related to the atomic physics.
- Learning outcomes
- Student gets experience with experimental work and with some of important experiments in atomic physics.
- Trajectory of electrons in electric and magnetic field.
- Millikan experiment.
- Thermoelectron emission
- Franck-Hertz experiment.
- Zeeman effect.
- Estimation of discharge temperature by means of optical emission spectroscopy.
- Gap width in semiconductors.
- Rutherford effect.
- Operational amplifier
- BROŽ, Jaromír. Základy fyzikálních měření. Sv. 1. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1983. 669 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Experimental work, measurement.
- Assessment methods
- Presence is mandatory, a protocol from each exercise is demanded.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- One of tasks is realized in English.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/F4210