PřF:XS220 Reflective seminar - Course Information
XS220 Reflective seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Marek Boček (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Bohumíra Lazarová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Bc. Roman Szomolai (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Tesák Vrtala (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Hana Tesák Vrtala
Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Faculty of Science
- Mon 14:00–15:50 J4
- NOW ( XS090 Initial teacher training )
Students regularly attend their teaching practice and they choose such a seminar group that corresponds with the time of their practice.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 9/15, only registered: 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biology with a view to Education (programme PřF, B-UCB) (2)
- Physics with a view to Education (programme PřF, B-UCF) (2)
- Geography and Cartography with a view to Education (programme PřF, B-UCZ) (2)
- Chemistry with a view to Education (programme PřF, B-UCC) (2)
- Mathematics focused on teaching (programme PřF, B-UCM) (2)
- Course objectives
- Students will be able to observe, analyze and reflect various key aspects of class interaction. Futhermore, they will be able to invent alternative strategies for specific situations in school environment.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will be able to:
- observe and analyze various class situations
- reflect observed classes
- think critically about class communication
- reflect on events from their practice
- The content of lessons will stem Self-assesment tool but also from student's needs.
- Topics to be covered:
- Creating suitable learning conditions (e.g. building a safe learning environment, communication in class, effective using of classroom time)
- Support of learning (e.g. providing learning content and its methods)
- Feedback and assessment
- GARDNER, Howard. Frames of mind : the theory of multiple intelligences. New York: BasicBooks, 1983. xxxii, 440. ISBN 0-465-02508-0. info
- Teaching methods
- group and individal reflection, discussion
- Assessment methods
- 4 records in a reflective diary
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2023/XS220