PřF:F7241 Plasma physics 1 - Course Information
F7241 Plasma physics 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jan Janča, DrSc.
- Courses: Electricity and magnetism, theory of elmg. field, Atom - nuclear and particle physics. Plasma Physics.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Symetrical part of distribution function. Margenau and Druyvestein distribution function of electrons. Distribution function in non-isothermic plasma in electric and magnetic fields. Gas discharges. Townsend theory and conditions for breakdown in DC dischrges. Paschen's law. Breakdown of high-frequency dischrges. Shottky teory of ambipolar diffusion. Fundamentals of magnetohydrodynamics. The probe theory and probe measurements. Thermodynamics of plasma. Saha equation. Chrged particle orbits in different electric and magnetic fields. Electrostatic oscillations perpendicular to the magnetic field, upper and lower hybrid frequency.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.