PřF:F5351 Basics of molecular biophysics - Course Information
F5351 Basics of molecular biophysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. Dr. Jiří Kozelka, PhD. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Jiří Šponer, DrSc. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Richard Štefl, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Dr. Jiří Kozelka, PhD.
- Mon 13:00–14:50 Fs1,01017, Mon 15:00–15:50 Fs1,01017
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Biophysics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- The goal of this course is to make the students acquainted with the structure and function of biopolymers. Special attention is paied to the physical nature of intermolecular forces which determine the properties of biopolymers. After the course the student should be able to predict basic physical and chemical properties of a biopolymer from its structural formula.
- Introduction into molecular biophysics Intermolecular forces Nucleic acids Proteins Saccharides Lipids Molecular biophysics of biomembranes Photosynthesis Structure and function of selected metalloproteins
- VOET, Donald, Judith G. VOET and Charlotte W. PRATT. Fundamentals of biochemistry : life at the molecular level. 3rd ed. Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons, 2008. xxx, 1099. ISBN 9780470129302. info
- Assessment methods
- Final oral examen
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information